Cunneda

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Powers and Minions




They surround me daily:
Like flowing waters,
Do they compass about me;
They wrest my words,
And all their thoughts
Are against me for evil;
They gather themselves together,
Hide, and mark my steps,
As they wait for my soul.

Shall the throne of iniquity,
Which frameth mischief by law,
Have fellowship with Thee?
Shall they escape by darkness?

The multitude of strangers,
Shall be like small dust;
And the terrible ones,
Shall be as the chaf,
That passes and blows away:
Yea, it shall be at an instant;
As in the suddenness of light,
When they be visited
By the Lord of Hosts,
With thunder and storms,
And the righteous flame,
Of Thy devouring fire:
Then shall the terrible ones,
Be brought unto naught;
While the scorner be consumed,
And all that watch for iniquity,
Shall be cut off.

No comments: