Cunneda

Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Come Unto Thee

Ashened and debilitated;
My soul was faint within me:
I sought for light,
And beheld only darkness;
I longed for the bonds of amity;
To find, there was none.
My conscience did wail,
And cry out in all its wounds,
For cleansing and stanching;
Yet no comfort was found.
My heart, weary of mortal affections;
Yearned for one to rest upon:
All - sufficient, and eternal.
I thirsted, with a thirst,
That was more than desire:
Yea, an anguish, near unto death.
Then, heard I the voice of One
That laid His hand upon me,
And said, "Come unto Me,
And drink; believe on Me,
And I will give you rest."
My heart leaped into my throat;
Leaving my mouth wresting
To form even a word .......
Yet, from the depths of my soul,
Burst forth a cry of instant adjuration:
"Oh Lord", said I, " I come unto Thee!"

No comments: