Cunneda

Monday, May 3, 2010

Psalm 139:7 - 12

Whither shall I go from Thy Spirit?
Can I hide myself in a secret place,
So as to be out of Thy sight;
When in Thee do I live, move, and have my being?
Should I fly into the heavens,
Or lurk in the lowest abyss;
From above and from below; within and without,
All is naked and manifest before Thee.
Should I soar to the farthest isles
On the flaring rays of the dawn sky:
Even on the wings of the morning;
There be no recess from Thy presence;
Thy hand, even there, shall hold me still.
Per chance, the darkness will veil and obscure;
Yet, there too, Thy piercing Light
Will make manifest all my works.
For darkness and light are alike to Thee:
The day gives no more light than the night,
And the night no more darkness than the day;
Thou seest as clearly in one as in the other.
Always, Thine eyes are on the ways of man:
Watching all his comings and goings.

No comments: