Cunneda

Sunday, May 23, 2010

In The Path

In the path of Thy judgments,
Do the faithful bide and attend.
As fireflies hover above the evening torch;
To Thee do we do we look every hour,
For the Lord appears to those who wait for Him;
He reveals Himself to the soul that seekest.
The hope of my soul is unto Thy Name:
Groom Thou the the heart of Thy servant,
And enable mine ear to hear:
With my soul have I foraged for Thee
Into the still hours of eventide;
Early, will I depart unto the solitary place,
To pray, and fervidly seek Thy Face.
Often will I ponder and reflect:
Meditating on Thy Glory, Thy Faithfulness, and Thy Mercy;
Lest I forget, and lay aside Thy verdicts:
For it is not enough to have once attained;
If the fulfillment does not accrue
Through a constant bidding and absorption
Of the Breath of the Living One.

No comments: