Cunneda

Monday, June 7, 2010

Silent Sufferance --- Isaiah 53; Part 7

"I was dumb, I opened not My mouth; because Thou didst it."
"Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered,
He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously."


He was early bade answerable; a voluntary surety for the many;
Close satisfaction was, from ancient times demanded; and sternly exacted:
Though He had commanded the clouds of glory from above,
And had walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire;
He humbled Himself and became obedient even unto death;
His lips opened only in brief witness, never in complaint,
To others who had no standing, He spoke nothing at all.
The Gaze fixes onto His silent sufferance: pure manifest meekness;
To bespeak His love for the famished in a desolate world,
And for the joy that was formerly set so clearly before Him,
He openly, even willingly, assumed the burden and satisfied the demand.


"I will keep My mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before Me.
I was dumb with silence, I held My peace"

No comments: