Cunneda

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Song of Prayer

Wherewithal shall a man be cleansed?
With my whole heart have I sought Thee;
With my lips have I declared Thee;
I have rejoiced in Thy witness;
Meditated on Thy precepts, and delighted in Thy voice.


 I am a stranger in the land.
Open my eyes that I may see Thy marvelous works;
Remove from me Thy reproach and contempt,
For my soul cleaveth unto the dust;
Quicken Thou me according to Thy Word.


In my heart have I chosen the way of Truth;
Incline my soul with Thy Spirit that I may understand;
Invigorate me with Thy Righteousness, for I am devoted to Thy fear;
I trust in Thy Word and hope in Thy judgments;
They are as a song on my pilgrimage.


Thou art good, and doest good unto Thy servants.
The Words from Thy mouth are as breath to me;
My soul faints for Thy salvation;
My eyes are consumed in Thy Word.
Nourish me after Thy tender kindness.


I am thine ....... save me;
For I have unfeignedly sought Thy face.
Accept, I beseech Thee;
The freewill offering of my mouth.
Uphold me, that I may live in Thy hope.


Deal with Thy servant according unto Thy mercy;
For my soul is poured out before Thee,
And my prayer hath consumed me.
Thou art near Oh Lord; Here me according to Thy loving forgivenes
And deliver me with Thy righteous might.


Selah.

No comments: