Cunneda

Friday, March 26, 2010

Fret Not

I have seen the wicked in great power;
Spreading the noxious and the pernicious
As scum across a summer pond.
Shadowing the righteous;
Designing against the just,
To beguile.......to grind.......and to slay.

An acrid darkness harbors
In the secret-- lurking places;
Lying in wait for the Lord's beloved.
The baneful have drawn the sword,
Bent their bow and made ready the arrow
To smite and defame the ransomed.

But the salvation of the righteous Is of the Lord:
A abundant stronghold in time of trouble.
The sword shall pierce their own heart;
Their bow shall be dashed, as on a Rock;
They shall be snared,
In the work of their own hands.

For as it is written:
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee:
Be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee;
Yea, I will uphold thee;
With the Right Hand of My Righteousness."

The battle is the Lord's;
The end thereof is certain.
The redeemed rest,
Sheltered and secure,
Under the Wings of Him
They have come to trust.

No comments: