Cunneda

Sunday, November 6, 2011

"I Am Your Exceeding Great Reward"


"I am your exceeding great reward." Genesis 15:1 ---- God, Himself, is His people's great reward.

God is your most absolute and satisfying reward; both filling, and fulfilling:  He, Himself, is our reward and our portion, both here and hereafter, unto all eternity. He is ours; we are His; therefore, all things are ours: all things pertaining to life and godliness, all things even unto the infinite and the eternal. It will be not only the fullness of the vessel, but the fullness of the Fountain: it will move the terms -- blessed and blessedness -- into whole new realms and dimensions. Here is fullness, my  friends; as His Word testifies -- even screams -- to us:  "The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him"; "The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot; The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage"....... "Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope";  "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."

God is our desirable, suitable, and fitting reward: As light was designed to be suitable to the eye, and the melodies of music fitting to the ear; so will the Spirit of God be a complete and continual interface with the soul and spirit of His resurrected lambs, through Yeshua, our risen Lord. He will enrich us with His majesty; feed and fill us with His love; and crown us with His glory; as our Lord, Himself said, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.   And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also........Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world."

God is our beautiful and pleasurable reward: He is the absolute quintessence of joy and delight! He is all beauty and love! To be feeding upon thoughts of God is delicious. Psalm 104:34, "My meditation on Him shall be sweet." As the bee delights to taste  and savor  the flower, so will we delight in Him. In Matthew, the godly departed, entering into their reward, are said to enter into the joy of the Lord. We shall enter into God's own joy; and here, we shall partake not only of the joy that He bestows; but also the joy that He is.

God is our transcendent reward: He is both All in all, and  All of all; well beyond any human understanding. He is both Infinite, and Infinity itself; there is, and can be no lack in Him. It is in His transcendence that all things become ours.

God is our honorable reward: the honor of God is the height of a lamb's earthly ambition; even those of this world recognize its importance, and the elevation it bestows; Aristotle calls it the greatest of blessings. Can there be a greater honor, my friends, than to be taken up into communion with the God of glory, and to possess His Kingdom with Him, clothed in light,  with Christ upon His throne, above all?

God is an everlasting, eternal reward.  Eternity cannot be measured, and it  gives His promise of glory a weight and a substance beyond comparison. As David declares in the Book of Psalms,  "For this God is our God for ever and ever."  Oh, my friends, your trials, your sufferings, your repentings, and your deep sense of need  are but for a while — yet your reward is forever. As long as God is God, He will be your reward. In Hosea, we hear His promise, "I will betroth you unto me forever." God marries Himself to His people, and this admits of no divorce. God's love for His elect is as unchangeable as is His love for Christ.  As it says in Psalms, once again,  "My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." This portion cannot be spent, or used - up;  because it is infinite -- nor can it be lost;  because it is eternal.

In God are treasures which can never be emptied — and pleasures which can never be ended!

David knew these glorious truths, when his soul sang out: Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

No comments: