Cunneda

Sunday, November 27, 2011

At Close Quarters



Wisdom enjoins:
As breath is to life,
Prayer is to grace.
Pouring out the soul
To the Father of Lights
in unutterable spasms.
As a freewill offering:
Solemnly; eternally,
Devoted to Him,
Binding one to another.


Uniting as one,
A hidden Fire
Trembles in the breast.
The burden of a sigh,
The falling of a tear,
When none but God is near.
For He delights in the
Sweet smell of Sacrifice
Rising in His altar,                                                           
Of the heart.


Angels in their songs rejoice;
We pray ....... I pray;
Saints unite in prayer.
A source; and an end,
In word, soul, and deed;
We supplicate ....... we receive.
Love to pray ....... pray to love;
We beseech thee Lord,
Teach us to pray.
Amen.



"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men." They wave their arms and cry out loud, clapping the sky in search of a God that most will never find, because they seek amiss. He whom they seek is either found within; or He will not be found at all. As it says clearly in the Word:   I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search. ...........  commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. .......... Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.  All His lambs know this instinctively; almost from the moment of their awakening; for the witness of the Spirit always agrees with the witness of the Word; and His Word is clear.

In Isaiah, we are told that God dwells in eternity -- in Ecclesiastes, it is said that He has placed eternity within our hearts -- when the question was asked, "Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?" -- the clear answer was, and is, "The preparations of the heart in man is from the Lord." It is here, my friends, that His temple sits, and here, He dwells -- within us --within the very center of our being -- our hearts. It is here He speaks to us; here we pray; and here He responds: "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Oh Lord, will I seek."


All this is fitting, and as it should be, for we are His creation, created in His image, and called out by Him to be His people. Because we are His creation, and His people, He has placed His home (eternity) within us that when He awakens us; He might have a dwelling place within us. He is always with us -- always our shield and our strength -- always our comfort and our joy -- because He is always within us -- within that special place that He has created in our hearts.

 Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

You see, my friends, when we awake unto our Lord, we do not go to Him as much as He takes up residence in us; and from here, in the driver's seat, He guides and directs us; and from here, in His Temple, He hears our pleas.
So when we say that you must look and pray within; it is to this Temple of Almighty God within each of His lambs that we are pointing at, to that glorious house He has prepared and inhabited within you from even before you were awakened -- from even before you were created. You see, my friends, this house, this temple, is also His witness to you that you were created in eternity, for eternity, by the Eternal One; and that you are His eternally: for the Eternal One dwells only in eternity; and He has placed that eternity within us ....... eternally.

We seek,
And partake,
At close quarters
With the Living God;
For  the Holy One,
Inhabits the lives
Of His people;
He is
The Living Breath
Of all His lambs.

No comments: