Cunneda

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Song In The Soul


Psa 40:3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Psa 28:7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise.

Psa 69:30  I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Psa 42:8  Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

Psa 144:9  I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee

"My tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness." here we see the holy exultation of  God by one of His lambs: I will sing a new song to thee, O God! a song of praise for new mercies, for those compassions that are new every morning. Fresh favours call for fresh and joyous returns of thanks; even expected, or desired favors plead for songs of the heart unto Almighty God.

My friends, if we cannot sing of our risen Lord, and of His love, in this night of our pilgrimage through this fallen world, of what, and of whom, then, can we sing?  He who has never met our Lord has never learned to sing the Lord's song. He is at the complete mercy of all the varied forces around him; resulting in worries, stresses, and demands that lead to all sorts of problems. But the believer, he who knows the Lord in all His glory, and beauty—as the fulness of the Living God—when he walks with Him daily as a friend—and seeks His mercies as Risen Lord, can sing a song of the joys of eternity, even in the darkest night of his passage through this world of shadows. And as he ponders, and revels in the love of Yeshua, the song blossoms into a chorus of praise; Oh my friends,  what material for a song is to be gathered here!  When the believer contemplates Christ as "the gift of God; manifested unto him in wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption; and when he views the atoning blood  which presents him as righteous, moment by moment, before God: his whole soul and spirit spontaneously break out into a glorious magnificant unto Jehovah's unmatchable; unspeakable majesty and glory. Yet only Jesus, only Yeshua, can be the Ground, the Key-note, and the Fullfilment of this song of the believer's soul. That's why those of the world can not even hear it; let alone possess it.

Life, for a lamb of God, my friends, is  a season of heart-ploughing, of breaking up of the fallow ground, of deeper discovery of God's love and power; and of our own weakness. Our only power; our only strength; our only hope against the  plague of rebellion all around us, is to keep our faith -- they eyes of our very souls -- fixed on our first love; our risen Lord, Yeshua, Almighty God; and in this vision, all the very fibers of your being will burst into His song of life-- life abundant -- life eternal.

My friends,in giving you life, and a throne of grace, God has given you a song, it is a glorious song of praise, life and eternity; a unique song that only you can sing -- as witnessed in the individuality of the white stone and the new name --  this song of sweetness and strength is given to us -- to each of us -- as a source of endurance for the journey; courage for the trials;  wisdom for the winding roads; and as a testimony to all we come in contact with. All of this; is given to each and every child of God; and all -- all -- comes encompassed within within His overflowing love in the heart,  His joy in the soul; and His peace in the spirit. This, my friends, is the promise of God, the testimony of His Word, and the witness of His saints across the ages.

Psa 33:3  Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Exo 15:2  The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God

Isa 30:29  Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the LORD, to the mighty One of Israel.

Psa 69:30  I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

And here, my friends, will He meet with you; and commune with you.

No comments: