Cunneda

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A PERSONAL JOURNEY IN VERSE: A Partial Transcript of 'On The Road With Cunneda, Volume 22: One Year Old'






It is the burning luster,
Of His manifest holiness;
The echo, and the witness,
To His everlasting glory;
That we see emblazoned
 Across the mantle
Of His creation;
For He occupies fully,
Unto the infinite;
As the train of His robe
Filled the Holy place:
To veil what would be clear;
And to make clear,
 All that is veiled.






God, in the dark;
Can make the man,
Thirst for Light;
Who never,
While in the light;
Sought, but the dark.
All fear of His Light;
Comes of the darkness,
That remains hidden within,
In the secret corredors
Of the soul;
Our Lord will call,
Cajole, and deliver;
He will soothe, satisfy,
And freely give all;
He will not, however,
Grant the man leave,
To stay in the dark.





This life; this self;
Is given to us,
That we may
Sacrifice it:
It is ours,
That we might,
 Like Yeshua,
Have something
                                                                                     To offer.






The cry rings out --- Peace. Peace.
Behold;....... for peace,
I had great bitterness:
Blood on the hands;
Gall on the tongue;
Unforgiveness in the heart.
For the way of peace;
I did not Know .......
Could not know.

Mischief came upon mischief;
Suddenly, in the thick of shadows:
A light ....... Overwhelming Light!
I was without strength -- speechless.
Hubris; perfidy exposed ....... slain.
Inchoation ....... efflorescense ....... metempsychosis:
Promise pierced my soul.
A fresh mind; a pure heart; a new life;
Suddenly Awake!  ....... Astounded!

The Spirit is Life...and Peace,
Flowing from Him; through the Body;
Unto the world ....... Unrecognized;
Unrequited .......It must be so;
"For the fruit of righteousness
Is sown in the peace of them that make peace.
And He who formed the Light
And created the darkness.
Will keep that soul in peace.






Wherewithal shall a man be cleansed?
With my whole heart have I sought Thee;
With my lips have I declared Thee;
I have rejoiced in Thy witness;
Meditated on Thy precepts, and delighted in Thy voice.


 I am a stranger in the land.
Open my eyes that I may see Thy marvelous works;
Remove from me Thy reproach and contempt,
For my soul cleaveth unto the dust;
Quicken Thou me according to Thy Word.


In my heart have I chosen the way of Truth;
Incline my soul with Thy Spirit that I may understand;
Invigorate me with Thy Righteousness, for I am devoted to Thy fear;
I trust in Thy Word and hope in Thy judgements;
They are as a song on my pilgrimage.


Thou art good, and doest good unto Thy servants.
The Words from Thy mouth are as breath to me;
My soul faints for Thy salvation;
My eyes are consumed in Thy Word.
Nourish me after Thy tender kindness.


I am thine ....... save me;
For I have unfeignedly sought Thy face.
Accept, I beseech Thee;
The freewill offering of my mouth.
Uphold me, that I may live in Thy hope.


Deal with Thy servant according unto Thy mercy;
For my soul is poured out before Thee,
And my prayer hath consumed me.
Thou art near Oh Lord; Here me according to Thy loving forgivingness,
And deliver me with Thy righteous might.






Wisdom enjoins:
As breath is to life,
Prayer is to grace.
Pouring out the soul
to the Father of Lights
in unutterable spasms.
As a freewill offering:
Solemnly; Eternally devoted to Him,
Binding one to another.


Uniting as one,
A hidden Fire
Trembles in the breast.
The burden of a sigh,
The falling of a tear,
When none but God is near.
He delights in infant lips
Entering Heaven on supplication,
Accessing Majesty on High.


Angels in their songs rejoice;
We pray ....... I pray;
Saints unite in prayer.
A source; and an end,
In word, deed, and mind;
We supplicate ....... we receive.
Love to pray ....... pray to love;
We beseech thee Lord,
Teach us to pray.






In every act of prayer,
I have already begun
To do God's will;
For which,
Above all things,
Do I pray.
The prayer;
Within all my prayers,
Is Thy will be done.
My prayer;
Is Thy will:
Thou didst create it
Within my heart;
It is Thine,
Even more than mine.
Oh Lord;
Perfect Thine own will
Within me;
As I seek Thy face,
According to Thy will.




In the patient stillness,
Of quiet submission;
The whole of my being
Is one great hush:
No strident passions,
No averse reluctance.
Prostrate at His feet,
I am lifted,
Ever, ever so gently
Into His warm embrace;
Almost as if I,
Had become my prayer;
And my soul,
Is all one supplication.






Morning by morning,
Comes the sunrise;
With Thy tender glories,
In its warm rosy light,
And the blushing heavens:
As heavy eyes open,
To behold Thy face
In all righteousness;
My whole heart sings:
For when I awake,
I am still with Thee !




As the evening sky
Unfolded before me;
Relaxed; in prayerful thoughts,
 On the bank of the Scioto;
Trusty fishing pole at my side;
Was my heart stirred,
In praise and thanksgiving,
To the Father of Lights;
For wisdom, joy, and life,
Are of Him, and in Him.
In this gentle caress,
I am home once more.



It is the burning luster,
Of His manifest holiness;
The echo, and the witness,
To His everlasting glory;
That we see emblazoned
 Across the mantle
Of His creation;
For He occupies fully,
Unto the infinite;
As the train of His robe
Filled the Holy place:
To veil what would be clear;
And to make clear,
 All that is veiled.



No comments: