Cunneda

Monday, January 25, 2010

METOIKOS

           It was not a dream,
When you thought of me the other night.
           I was there,
Standing by you as you awoke.
           I was there.
     You looked up at me
Glanced at the clock - it was four o seven;
           For I was there.
We wept for a season, you and I;
           We knew I could not stay.


            All alone; so very alone.
So many mistakes, so much foolishness,
     I cannot forget; I cannot forgive;
           I will never live it down.
Desperation and  Agony
     to the marrow of my soul;
           I will never live it down.
To whom can I turn? Where do I find succor?
It is you I have failed, for it was you.
           Only you,
     Who believed in me.


I am lost .......... Afraid,
           Aimlessly drifting.
How shall I escape this donjon of despair?
           I shall not, I fear.


     The leaguer is ablaze --
           The appointed time is nigh.
Enter the rock and hide in the dust.
           For the time has come.


The shields of his mighty men are colored gule,
     Mounted warriors are dressed in sable;
The night is enveloped in flashing steel
           As they prepare to march
"Harness the horses and get up ye horsemen
     Don the brigandines and brandish thy cypress spears!"


The chariots shall rage through the streets
           and the broad ways;
They shall run to and fro as lightning flashes.
     Destruction and desolation through flaming torches.
Cocophonies of miseries through shrouds
           of murray hue.


Enter the rock and hide in the dust;
           For alas, the time is at hand.

No comments: